4-Zone Home Audio Multi-zone Controller and Amplifier.
Distribute and control music and other audio material to up to four stereo speaker zones using this 6x4-Zone Home Audio Multi-zone Controller and Amplifier.
This multi-zone controller is a 6x4 matrix with six stereo audio inputs and four outputs. Each input channel can be independently directed to any of the output channels using the included remote control or the keypad controllers installed in each zone.
The six inputs are 2-channel stereo, with two line level inputs using RCA jacks, one analog input on a 3.5mm TRS jack, a combination analog/digital optical Mini Toslink® input, and two proprietary RJ45 inputs. The first RCA input is also a PA input, which allows you to override selected audio material and broadcast a single audio source to each connected zone. Additionally, a mute input allows you to mute each output channel using a single source trigger.
Each output channel features an amplifier that is capable of delivering 70 watts/channel into a 4-ohm load or 35 watts/channel into an 8-ohm load. Each amplifier can be individually bridged to produce 140 watts into an 8-ohm load. The amp uses Euroblock connectors for the speaker level outputs, which takes less space than push-grip connector terminals. The Euroblock connectors can accept speaker wire up to 14AWG and can be removed from the amplifier for easier installation.
Each output channel also features RCA line-level output jacks, allowing you to use a separate, more powerful amplifier in any output zone or to send the audio to a self-amplified component, such as a television display or powered speakers.
Each zone is independently controlled at the zone using a wall plate keypad with lighted, soft-touch buttons. The keypads connect to the main unit using Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable. Each keypad features an infrared "eye", which can propagate single-band IR remote control signals to individual IR transmitters connected to the master controller. This allows you to control the source devices from each zone using their native remote controls.
The controller features 12 volt trigger outputs for each distribution zone, plus a master trigger for the entire system. This allows you to activate automated devices, such as lowering a projection screen or dimming the lights whenever the system as a whole, or an individual zone, is activated.
The master controller features an RS232 serial input, which lets you program a computer for automated control. A complete list of RS232 commands and codes, including status reporting commands, is included in the manual. The package includes a 19" rack mount kit.
- Stereo RMS Power (8 ohms): 25 watts/stereo channel x4
- Stereo RMS Power (4 ohms): 50 watts/stereo channel x4
- Bridged (mono) RMS Power (8 ohms): 100 watts x4
- S/N Ratio: >90dB A Weighted
- THD: <0.1%
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz ±1 dB at 1 watt output into 8 ohms
- Input Impedance: >47 kilohms
- Input Sensitivity : 600mV for 80 watts @ 1kHz into 4 ohms on one zone, 700mV for 50 watts @ 1kHz into 8 ohms on one
- Systems ON Trigger Voltage: +12 VDC
- External Mute Trigger Voltage: +12 VDC
- Input Connectors: 2x analog stereo RCA, 1x analog stereo 3.5mm TRS, 1x combination analog stereo 3.5mm/digital optical (S/PDIF) Mini Toslink®, 2x RJ45
- Speaker Connectors: Detachable Euroblock speaker terminals support up to 14 AWG wire
- Input Power: 115 VAC, 60Hz
- Dimensions: 16.8" x 3.5" x 16.1" (42.7 x 8.8 x 41.0 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 19.0 lbs. (8.6kg)
- Instruction Manual
- 4x Keypad controllers
- 1x Keypad in-wall hub connection plate
- 1x Infrared remote control
- 1x Expansion ribbon cable
- 1x Rack mounting kit
- 1x AC power cord